(1 cup cooked oatmeal, 1 egg, 1 TBSP melted butter, 1/2 cup milk, 4 TBSP honey/sugar/maple syrup, 2 TBSP baking powder, 1.5 cups flour, plus 1/2 cup ‘extra somethings’ – raisins, chocoloate chips, berries, etc. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.)
So, Lorelei. It’s down between you standing and my fingertip in your mouth huh?
For those wondering, she loves to suckle and chomp on my finger while standing in my lap. You know, like it offers her special super powers allowing her to stand. It’s cute as anything, but my fingertip ends up like a raisin.
I have a sneaky suspicion that I’ll be her teething ring when she gets older. Not that I mind. She’s my little Evey Lou.
It’s been 2 whole months now and I’m still amazed by how much you grow every day!!
- you weigh 10.5 lbs
- you’re 24.5 inches long now
- you look more and more like your papa every day
- you’ll finally let your papa hold you except at night
- you’re sleeping about 5 hrs at night, and waking up once to eat
- you still want to be held all the time yet you hate to be carried in the Ergo or sling
- you still prefer to be just in your diaper
- you’re starting to move your legs like you want to crawl during tummy time
- you’re grabbing on to our hands or the bottle while we’re feeding you
- you love to play with baby doll and grab at it when I’m hold it up in front of you
- your eyes are looking more and more hazel
- you love to stand up and try to walk
- you follow us around with your eyes
- you love to people watch
- you blow spit bubbles and get mad when I wipe your mouth
- your favorite book is “Goodnight Gorilla” by Peggy Rathmann
Normally when I come home, I try and hold the baby as long as she’ll let me, so momma can get a break. Not tonight.
I pretty much made two dinners while Margaret and the baby hung out with me in the kitchen. It was nice having everyone in there, but I did feel bad that Margaret was still holding the baby. She did have a sling on to help, but still.
Now we’re all in bed and the kitchen is all cleaned up. Lorelei is asleep on Margaret and she is sleeping as well. As for me, I have Lucas between my legs and Lily on my left leg. Both are sleeping. So why am I still up?
One thing that every new mom should purchase are a few good swaddling blankets!!! For naps and nighttime feedings there is nothing better. It helps to keep them for startling awake and recreates the soothing feeling of the womb.
There are tons of brands to pick from, but a few things I kept in mind before buying were the cost and the length of time she will be swaddled. I didn’t want a super expensive blanket because quiet frankly Lorelei hates being swaddled. She’s a regular Houdini when it comes to getting out of these things (although once I have her all wrapped up she’s out like a light), so spending a lot of money wasn’t an option for me. I also couldn’t bring myself to buy a high end swaddle blanket because normally you can stop swaddling by 3 months. Of course I’m no expert so I’ve posted some resource links below.